Life Is All About... Knowing Your Purpose

1 comment
I am sharing my most recent experiences with Falun Dafa in this post.

Introduction to Dafa

The Fa is enormous and the most profound thing I have come across in my life. I wholeheartedly thank our revered Master for this pre-destined opportunity provided to me. The biggest hurdle I experience in my cultivation practice is that I am surrounded by everyday people all around me. Way back in the year 2011 when I was introduced by a friend to Falun Dafa, I firstly ignored him. But he continued to introduce me to this Great Law wheel and the principles of the Universe. This happened several times and the level of resistance I had in listening to him came down steadily every time we spoke. I knew that whatever I got to know from this friend was truth and something that demanded a high level of character standard. There was some shortcoming within me that was stopping me to open up. Today, I am enlightened to the fact that this friend was a messenger of the Master. This is since our meeting was arranged by the Master which was indeed pre-destined. What really worked well was this friend’s dedication, sincerity in clarifying the truth and above all the genuineness in his own cultivation practice. Today, I have realized that without putting emphasis on our own cultivation practice, it is very hard to make everyday people believe or get them introduced to Dafa.

Early Days

It is not at all easy being a Dafa practitioner. Being in this world of everyday people, it feels like a real test. When I am practicing the meditation exercises or studying the Master’s lectures, I find myself closer to the truth. I feel lighter and even more when I get involved into any of the three things. Many a times, I get carried away by the worldly things around me. This is a very difficult situation. When this happens, I feel ashamed. I know that I am answerable to no one but myself. When I was new to the practice, there were too many interferences encountered from outside. For example, whenever I thought of performing the exercises at home, one of my family members would bring up an issue which would make me disturbed. My spouse would start an argument which would make reading the book very difficult. This is just to name a few. In almost all of such situations, the first few minutes were full of hurdles. But when I was successful in overcoming these hurdles, things were very easy. If I could make it through the first ten minutes of reading Zhuan Falun, I could reach into a different realm of thoughts. When I continued reading further, I used to get the answers to all the problems. It was then when I realized that all that happened was so paltry. I was able to identify my own mistakes instantly. It helped me improve every single time.

I was introduced to the exercises first by few of the practitioners at a Practice site near my home in Pune. It took me some time to understand the implied meaning of the hand movements of the five exercises. It is a common tendency of new practitioners to seek benefits in terms of mental peace, health etc. and I was a no exception to it. But yes, I was very keen to understand the principles behind the practice. That is when I started reading the book Zhuan Falun. The first read took around three months and that was pretty casual. A practitioner suggested me to go for a second read and interestingly this time the book did not seen the same. I was not able to recollect if I had read the same lines before. This pulled in my interest and I was able to understand the lines even better. Every time I read Master’s lectures it took me in a different realm of thought. It has an immense power to soothe any situation. The guiding principle in all the teachings given by the Master is Truth, Compassion and Benevolence. No other book has had such an effect on me.

Soon after I started practicing the Fa regularly and genuinely, there were significant changes in my home atmosphere. There were no arguments at home anymore. I had improved and was continually progressing. My spouse with whom I am sharing a karmic relationship had by now became my strongest supporter. She almost always started telling me to exercise and read the book when I had a free time. This was a drastically changed situation.

Cultivation is a continuous process

Cultivation was never a piece of cake several centuries back. Falun Dafa allows me to practice amongst the everyday people. This not only allows me to possess worldly things such as, wealth, material property, relationships etc. but isat the same time allows me to improve in my cultivation which is by far the sole purpose of my life. I am sure that no other practice today, can guide practitioners in such a way. The Fa taught by the Master helps me ascend in my cultivation level. This is the reason why I always get answers to my problems whenever I randomly open any page and start reading Zhuan Falun. The book is truly a torch bearer in my life. The answers I get from Dafa are supernatural and demand a very high level of personal standard. Even an everyday person will accept that being truthful, kind and tolerant is a good thing. Since an everyday person is filled with worldly attachments, desires and ambitions he will ignore these fundamental characteristics of the Universe. I understand that this is the source of all his problems. Certainly, it is too difficult to change ones thinking overnight. Dafa helps me do that steadily and continuously. Even when I am not practising, I am practising. While at workplace or on the street, when I come across a tricky or difficult situation, it is the Fa that I am recollect. The principles I have been learning are from the heart and they are closely linked to my conscience. This always happens spontaneously while I just need to treat myself as a true practitioner. I am very sure that I can confront any tribulation or situation by following some simple standards Master has set for the practitioners. The principles of Falun Dafa are very transparent and open to everyday people with an open mind and a willing heart.

I recollect Master’s words:
“As a matter of fact, no matter how many more scriptures we publish, they are
merely complementary materials to Zhuan Falun. Only Zhuan Falun can truly
guide a person’s cultivation. It contains inner meanings that go from the level of ordinary people to incomparable heights. As long as you continue to cultivate, Zhuan Falun will always guide your elevation in cultivation.”—Li Hongzhi

No matter how many times I read the book I feel like there is always something more that I have missed in my last read. Putting the Dafa principles at work every single moment amongst everyday people is what makes life challenging and helps me learn from my past mistakes. Being on such a path of continuous improvement makes me feel like I am born newly every day I wake up from sleep.

1 comment :

  1. Really a nice post seems a good and useful post especially for the youngsters they must read this for one time.
    Thank you
    taj mahal moonlight tour
    overnight agra tour

    ReplyDelete